Tuesday 19 February 2013

Burberry Siren Red collection for Spring/Summer 2013 - Part 1: Light Glow in Hydrangea Pink


I really relished the thought of all the new Spring 2013 collection hitting the stores. On the whole I was pretty underwhelmed, except for few stand out collections. One of my favourites is the Burberry Spring/Summer 2013 campaign. The image below is from the glossy brochure I received with my purchase from Harvey Nichols. Who thought spring could exude such a moody, simple sophistication.
The photographer should be applauded for such a sensual image. The shadows speak volumes.


My picks for the collection were:
  • Hydrangea Pink Light glow for cheeks - a vibrant pink 
  • Single eyeshadow in Gold Pearl - sheer cream base with fine sparkle
  • Lip Glow in Sweet Pea - bright pink with blue shimmer - Limited
First off I would like to review Hydrangea Pink Light glow. Burberry blushes are amazing. This one is no exception. Expect a highly pigmented formula that buffs easily. This has been compared to Tom Ford limited Narcissus from their winter collection. Tom Ford is definitely cooler, showing up more blue. Hydrangea Pink is so pigmented and you can easily turn into a hot mess. But, since it is so finely milled you can buff away the excess. An extremely gentle hand is required for a softer effect. This pink is bright in the pan, but actually gives a healthy flush to my cheeks. This shade is pretty much matte. I found the best placement when playing around, was high on the cheek, then blended downward for a diffused effect. This mimics a sexy blushing effect on my light/med complexion. Burberry has stepped out of it's comfort zone with these brighter, more vivid shades.




Lightly scented Burberry checks'

This shade I think is unique enough to warrant a purchase. This light glow blush does not accentuate my pores and glides on smooth. It also has the usual benefits of Wild Rose (hydrating) and is ever so lightly scented. Silicones gives this blush its silky application (so beware those silicone adverse). The colour lasted the entire day, with no patchiness.The other shade in the collection Coral Pink looks pretty too, but I wanted a shade sans any coral leanings.
I could not be more pleased with my purchase. This blush will see much love in the coming months.



Part 2 is coming soon with reviews of Lip Glow in Sweet Pea and Gold Pearl Eyeshadow.

Which Spring 2013 collection caught your attention?






Hi Friends. I would appreciate it if you could refrain fron including self- promoting links in your comments, as I then have to mark them as spam. I love to hear from you, but can only publish comments that adhere to the above. I am really forward to hearing from you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment