Monday 16 November 2015

Dolce and Gabbana : Roll out the welcome mat! Sophia Loren and more!


A new era in South Africa - an exciting launch of a brand never seen here. Murmurings of Dolce and Gabbana arriving have been heard as long as 18mnths ago, dismissed as rumour I was thrilled to see the unveiling of a gorgeous sparkly D & G Beauty concession.
Not only do they seemingly have a full line up of product, but they launched with the Sophia Loren lip colour. We always seem to be way behind launches or even never receive them. This bodes well for this fledgling brand (in SA anyway). Let's move on to the mini haul.



Since I actually do not own any Dolce and Gabbana makeup, it was really hard to know where to start as there are so many pretty things to look at. My internet search did not help much as D & G seems to be on the whole overlooked where beauty bloggers are concerned. I'm not sure why, as the products I picked are seriously amazing in all round performance. 

Lushie Eyeshadow Quad, Glam Liner in Earth Brown
First up I chose Lushie Smooth Eyeshadow Quad (146). I have a penchant for red shadows and this was a good mix of taupe's, red and a deep bark shade. The first shade is a soft pink taupe which work as great all- over colour or transition shade. The second shade is a medium taupe. Both these shades have a soft iridescence.The pop colour is a matte red that blends really well . The last shade is a almost matte bark brown. All of them are well pigmented, blend smoothly and lasted a full day without loosing impact. The packaging lightweight and sleek.

L-R Lushie quad, Glam Liner, Sphia Loren No 1, Praline Gloss

Glam Liner Intense Liquid Eyeliner is up next. I purchased Earth Brown which is described as a 'warm brown shimmer'. I tend to prefer pen type liquid liners but fell in love with this rich brown sparkle. I have found the applicator fairly easy to use to create the perfect cats eye. The liner stays on with no flaking . My Bioderma eventually got it off, but those not wanting to rub use a slightly stronger makeup remover. It has some serious staying power! The rest of the colours look just as good and glossy.

Sophia Loren Signature Lipstick - a lipstick somewhere between a gloss and a cream lipstick. A hydrating lipstick that stays on your usual timeframe. It is quite fragranced similar to my Givenchy and Burberry lipsticks. I loved it applied with a lipstick brush. It gives it a slightly more glossy and transparent effect. This reads more raspberry than red as described on my lips. The packaging is lightweight as well but I would prefer a slightly more luxurious casing with a magnetic closure with such a high end product. The DG logo on the lipstick always a nice touch!

Sophia Loren No.1

Sheer Shine Gloss in Praline (102) is my first gloss from Dolce and Gabbana. The gloss has a sticky feel which helps it stay longer. The same scent as the lipstick. The gloss feels hydrating and leaves a soft feel long after it has worn of. It is a high shine gloss with a cellophone finish. This has sheer pigmentation which adds a veil of colour on my pigmented lips or deepens a lighter lipstick worn as a base.


Sheer Shine Gloss in Praline

I have enjoyed using each and every item. I am testing their foundations and am duly impressed! Review soon including their primer! I think a visit to their gorgeous counter will not disappoint.

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! These are sooo lovely products. I am eyeing on trying out the quad and liner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie,
      The quad is a stunner- neutrals with a twist. I'm in love with the formula- on my wish list is Desert!

      Delete