Saturday 13 October 2012

RMK Creamy Sheer Powder Cheeks in Pink Beige


I have a new found love for Japanese makeup brands. I have been slowly collecting some beautiful products from RMK, Suqqu and Addiction by Ayako. I purchased the RMK cheek duo as my first RMK product as many makeup lovers rave about RMK cheek products, so I thought it was a good place to start. These duo's form part of RMK's Deep Iridescence Collection for Autumn/Winter 2012. Four duo's are available and they all seem neutral with the exception of Rose, which while still sheer looks deeper in comparison to the other three. I bought Pink Beige (02).



I would describe this blush as an illuminating blush that can be worn alone for a soft glow or over a stronger matte blush to add luminosity. The pink colour on the left is a sheer ballet pink with multi pink and beige sparkle that is not chunky at all. This multi dimensional shade is meant to correct the tone of your skin - used alone this is a subtle highlighter. The beige colour on the right is a light pastel apricot shade with slight self coloured iridescence to add colour to your cheek - used alone it creates a light bronzed look. Mixed together it creates a warm rosy glow. I describe it as a glow because on my light to medium complexion these colour come up light. If you are darker the Rose (01) duo might be better. These duo's were created to "enhance the radiant glow of natural skin" and I think they do just that. . The are very sheer, so if you want a strong cheek I suggest you choose their Ingenious powder cheeks, which I have yet to try but look stronger in the pan. Japanese makeup leans towards sheer, subtle products.


The RMK packaging is very nice. The duo is housed in a well made silver mirrored casing with RMK discreetly written on the top lid. I have used the brush, but suggest an angled blush brush for seamless blending, though this cheek colour would be hard to mess up as it blends really well. So far I am loving my RMK cheek duo and am definitely plotting my next purchase. I bought mine from BeautyBay.

Have you tried RMK products?

2 comments:

  1. Love the look of the RMK cheek colour, would this work on a very pale skin too? Thanks for a very informative site, always look forward to seeing the new products and reviews! S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon!
      This would work even better on pale skin as it comes up a bit light on my skin. It will give a lovely soft glow!

      Delete