Friday 19 April 2013

Nars Satin Lip Pencils - Rikugien and Biscayne Park

Nars Satin lip pencils were launched for spring/summer 2013. While everyone else offered up sheer lip products, Nars went for a creamy, lighter-than-air formula, that leaves a soft satin finish to your lips. These are infused with vitamins and hydrate your lips. You can use these as their own lip liner or as a base for a lipgloss. I really had a hard time choosing from the 13 shade line up. I settled on two fairly neutral shades - Biscayne Park and Rikugien. The shade names were inspired by parks and gardens from around the world and some that are special to Francious himself. The video created for this launch, which showcases the talents of Lisa Eldridge, had my nosed pressed against my computer screen. Just when I thought I loved a shade, that cool rocker chick came out wearing another! So here are my swatches. I hope they help you when choosing a satin pencil.


Rikugien, Biscayne Park

Biscayne Park with no shimmer, Rikugien with a lovely lustre

L-R Biscayne Park, Rikugien

Biscayne Park

Rikugien
Biscayne Park is described as a 'pink gauva', this is an apt description except to say is more muted once applied.  Rikugien is described as a 'rose pink'. I think this will be the most popular shade, as it is a wonderful (yes I am about to say it) - 'my lips but better' shade. It has a slight shimmer to it in matching particles. My only wish would for these pencils to become twist up's. I think most people have the same problem with them, as sharpening wastes product and it is a hassle on-the-go to carry a sharpener. I would also recommend that these should be popped in the fridge for about 10 min, as in a warmer climate, they could not sharpen well at all.  I can go about 3 days of using before needing to sharpen. My next pick would be Yu - a shocking pink. These are wonderful and easy to wear.


What are your thoughts on the new Nars Satin Lip Pencils?


Hi Friends. I would appreciate it if you could refrain fron including self- promoting links in your comments, as I then have to mark them as spam. I love to hear from you, but can only publish comments that adhere to the above. I am really forward to hearing from you all!




2 comments:

  1. I love the texture of this lip pencil. I have tried it at my local nars couunter but I haven't decided on which shade to pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The texture of these Nars pencils are OUTstanding! I agree I could get one of each. I have YU (shocking pink) on its way to me now. Luxembourg is also calling me. Are you a neutral or colour lover?

    ReplyDelete