Tuesday 3 July 2012

diptyque Eau Duelle - Parisian chic at it's best

On my most recent trip to London I purchased the most beautiful fragrance from diptyque. After many stops to the diptyque concession in Selfridges I settled on Eau  Duelle (I  also have Philosykos that I ordered subsequently online- Yay me!). I tend to find most mainstream fragrances altogether to fussy and tend towards fragrance house like diptyque and Serge Lutens.


Firstly, I love this fragrance as every time I wear it it brings me back to my wonderful time in London with my daughter and mom. Secondly, Vanilla, which is the base for this fragrance is my favourite go to scent in many of my perfumes. This is definitely not the " in your face just baked vanilla goods" vanilla but more of a sexy, darker, more sophisticated version. This is described on the website as a spicy fragrance, both suitable for men and women, but I do prefer it as a more feminine scent. It is also described as a fragrance of contrast as it takes you on a journey between East and West. For me the vanilla and spicy notes pull you in and are never sharp but warm and sensuous. The other notes which are present are from cardamom, elemi resin, olibanum, bergmot, pink pepper, juniper, saffron, black tea, musk, ambergris and of course the lovely bourbon vanilla. While this is quite a "rich" fragrance , I think there is enough contrast and softeness to transition from winter to summer with ease. It wore a full 12 hrs with only subtle fading. Layered with Philosykos this is the perfect date night duo.
I would love to know your favourite diptyque fragrance and combinations?
.

No comments:

Post a Comment