Tuesday 24 July 2012

Nars Marie-Galante - Sensational summer duo

As I mentioned before, I am not quite ready for Fall Collections just yet. I still want to enjoy the lovely products that were available for summer 2012.



One of my best purchases of the season was Nars Marie-Galante. This is a whimsical duo of sparkling lilac and moody shimmering navy. The shadow is hard to swatch and requires some work when applying to get density of colour. This aside, once applied these shadows are worth the small amount of work needed for good colour saturation. They can be used in a variety of ways.

  • Lilac over lid and navy to line upper and lower lash line
  • Lilac over lid and navy worked into outer corners of the eye
  • Navy over the lid and the lilac patted over the navy for a beautiful layered effect
Both these colours can be used alone over other matte shadows to add the shimmer and dimension. I attempted them wet but this did not make them more pliable. There was minimal fallout from the glitter, but this did not really bother me too much. The shadow has staying power and lasted most of the day, which is good as I have oily lids. This appeals to my girly and wicked side, just depending on your application. It is a versatile duo that has enough point of difference, that I would love it to be part of the permanent Nars duo selection.
As observed by other reviewers they impart a wet look effect. This is a new "formula" that I have not seen before. 

I have always received compliments when wearing this duo. I really think that if you can, get Marie-Galante fast, since it is limited.

What is your favourite product from the Nars Summer 2012 collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment