Tuesday 15 January 2013

Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup - Sheer Magic!

What a lovely brand Hourglass is! Flying under the radar, while hitting us square on with fabulous products that I just can't seem to get enough of. I have really become a foundation fiend. Foundation to me me is like a wardrobe. Each day another texture or look is required to achieve the desired effect I am striving for. While I am still warming to Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick (loving it more every day), I am head over heels for Hourglass's Mineral Veil Foundation.



It is housed in a glossy brown dispenser with the retro Hourglass font. The liquid foundation is gel - like in texture and is slightly darker than my natural complexion. I went with Veil 3 . I also bought the Hourglass retractable foundation brush, which has synthetic hairs that buffs the product beautifully into the skin for a natural finish. My real techniques buffing brush and fingers work well too. This foundation imparts a natural finish with a healthy sheen to the skin. I have oily skin, but it looks glowing not oily. It almost glazes your skin, hence the name 'Veil'.

Veil in 3 
This foundation works well to even out skin tone and hide imperfections. Any dark pigmentation or pimples will need extra coverage as this is light to medium coverage. This foundation is not only there to perfect your complexion, but over time it has some skincare benefits as well. Hourglass has packed this foundation with Matryxil ®, Synthe'6™ which claims to support collagen production. Skin Tightner ST ™ PH work on the texture of your skin. I would not forgo my other anti-aging creams, but what a bonus! This makeup is also paraben, oil, fragrance, nano particles, phthalates, sulphate FREE. Also vegan friendly! Lastly ,Veil  Fluid Makeup has a broad spectrum 15 SPF .

I do use this over the cult favourite Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. This primer, also with a 15 SPF, renders any foundation used over it waterproof (Please don't test in a downpour, that might just prove too much!). This makes it good for hot climates and all round longevity of the foundation. This foundation is buildable. when applied with a brush. If you enjoy sheer, glowing makeup Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup could be for you.  This has become my go to foundation for days that I want to look fresh and natural. I know that Zuneta keeps Hourglass.

What niche brands can you introduce me to?


Hi Friends. I would appreciate it if you could refrain fron including self- promoting links in your comments, as I then have to mark them as spam. I love to hear from you, but can only publish comments that adhere to the above. I am really forward to hearing from you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment