Tuesday 27 November 2012

Becca Jewel Dust - takes me to Fairy land and back.....

Becca really has some hero products, and many are unsung heroes, like Becca Jewel Dusts. I love pigments (loose shadows). I have many Mac Pigments from brights to nudes. I love how they have sparkle and iridescence that just puts a smile on my face. I decided to venture outside my comfort zone and purchased a Jewel Dust from Becca. This is described on the box as "sparkling powder for the eyes". I chose Aspara ,a pure cream delight that can be used over dark colours, mixed with other pigment to change their colour, to highlight and to dab at the inner corner of the eyes for instant radiance. The jewel dust has micro glitter and sparkle that is like the finest milled powder, to the touch. The iridescence wears as a sumptuous multi-faceted jewel-like powder.



The packaging is a solid plastic cube, with a circular name Becca "riveted" to the top. This may sound cheap, but it is well made and contemporary. The top twists off and the product is easy to get to.


I have swatched Becca Aspara with Mac Vanilla and Naked to show comparisons. Aspara seems to have more pigmentation and sparkle to it. The sparkle on my lid is not like a showgirl in Vegas, but still reads subtle and pretty, but with more va-va-voom.

L-R MAC Vanilla, MAC Naked, Becca Aspara
This could be used as a veil of colour with a black winged flick, or with other shadows to add a party feel. A light dusting on your cheeks with a fan brush or dĂ©colletage is another option.
I love my Jewel Dust in Aspara- I think you would agree it make Vanilla and Naked look like the two ugly sisters. I bought mine at my Local Becca store, but Becca can be bought at Zuneta, which ships internationally.

Which Becca products are calling to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment