Friday 9 November 2012

Burberry Lip Velvet Lipstick in Pink Azalea and Lip Definer in Bright Plum

The problem was I could only choose one Lip Velvet. So many beautiful colours to choose from, but I had to narrow it down to one as I was purchasing other gorgeous Burberry products. I went with the colour worn by Cara Delevigne in the Burberry Lip Velvet advert, with the Lip Liner that was worn beneath it, of course! Behold - Lip Velvet in Pink Azalea. The usual mirrored casing replaced by a matte black version- really sexy and bold just like the texture and colour of this beautiful lipstick.



The colour is a burgundy muted red which when applied is just off matte. What I mean by this is that it has depth to the colour that renders it more alive than a flat matte product. This is I presume why they so aptly called it a lip VELVET. As like the fabric this lip product exudes a touchable quality. It wears comfortably, but matte lipsticks tend to be drier on my lips. My lips feel good upto about 3 hrs (reapplication needed) when there is minimal dryness and wear. There is no silicone slip as with the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil, which is also a good matte lip product. The product feels different in texture to the the Nars, but is long-wearing and luxurious. 


Burberry Lip Liner is a chic square slim-line pencil. It is quite a dry texture and I cannot say that it has any better qualities than my MAC lip liners. This Bright plum liner will blend with all my lipsticks in the deeper red, plum family, so I am quite happy with it. It pairs superbly with my Pink Azalea Lip Velvet and worn underneath makes it more vampy and deep, as shown in the Burberry ad. This worn with a classic Burberry Trench would be a match made in heaven!

Pink Azalea Lip Velvet, Lip Definer in Bright Plum

Pink Azalea with Bright Plum underneath
Overall, I am still in love with Burberry. Their version of a matte lipstick has all the qualities a top brand should. Saturated colour, excellent texture, modern look, long-wearing and luxe packaging. Burberry Lip Velvet comes in many colours. I would love a few more shades leaning nude, bit I guess they need to hold back and mabye add a later nude collection like they did with the Lip Mists.
I would love to add to my singular Lip Velvet Collection and mabye opt for a brighter colour like Fuschia Pink.


Burberry Lip Velvets Love or Hate them?


Hi Friends. I would appreciate it if you could refrain fron including self- promoting links in your comments, as I then have to mark them as spam. I love to hear from you, but can only publish comments that adhere to the above. I am really forward to hearing from you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment