Tuesday 20 November 2012

Makeup Remastered Ab Fab in London - Tom Ford, Hourglass, Eve Lom, Urban Decay

Hello Makeup Lovers!

So I am back from my really quick trip to chilly, charming London. I think all who have been can agree that this is one of the most special times in London. All twinkling lights, spruced up windows, warm wafting aroma's and drumroll please............holiday collections galore!


A (hotel) room with a view

St Christopher's Place
The londoner's are extremely friendly and I had a wonderful time. I had a 'few' (wink wink) makeover's and went with a wish list of brands unavailable where I live. Seriously, the freedom if having any brand you love at your fingertips is a (frivolous) joy.


My first stop was Selfridges, which I adore. I had a few Tom Ford products on my list so I went to look at their concession first. The Tom Ford experience, as I like to call it, is as elegant, exclusive as the brand. All products the MAU was going to use was placed on a tray, and each step explained in detail. I was colour matched slightly dark, and a TF MUA at Harrods showed me a lighter shade which was much better. Tom Ford is an expensive bad habit. But I think the quads have such sublime, interesting shades that look so beautiful on the lids and suitable for all eye colours. I was so excited to be able to buy the following.
Eyeshadow quad in golden mink
Eyeshadow quad in cognac sable
Eyebrow pencil in taupe
Eye pencil in Espresso
Shade and illuminate palette in intensity one with brush

I love Liberty which is housed in a quaint tudor building -the makeup area is more intimate. I walked passed Hourglass with little interest as my last foray was a bit dissapointing (opaque rouge liquid lipstick)-but I thought mybe I should have a good and proper look. Firstly, let me say the MUA's for Hourglass were enthusiastic and helpful. I am glad I took another look at this brand, as they have some amazing products. Here is what I walked away with.
Mineral Primer - cult status
Veil Fluid Makeup
Aura cheek stain
Retractable foundation brush
I had to leave their Lash lacquer and duo, as my wallet was running low and a girl still gotta eat!

Finally, on my radar was a few hero products.
Eve Lom Cleansing Balm - cult status
Urban Decay Ocho Locho set - value set
Caudalie spray
Konjac sponges
I also got samples from the lovely Space NK - I am currently trying out Re'Vive and Algenist skincare brands.
I was surprised to be so badly colour matched again with  Chantecaille future skin. when I left the store I was so pale, I frightened myself when looking in the storefront! A bit too early for the Twilight premier!
Selfridges has the new Beauty Workshop running. This extension of the beauty hall, holds little treasures, some which were sadly out of stock -like OCC lip tar, Beauty Blender, Aesop, Paul and Joe, Konjac sponges, Ciate, Nails Inc, Bite -really fun!!
I had the unexpected, lucky experience of a complimentary Perricone micro - current facial  - they were offering it as a promotional tool at Selfridges. Let me tell you, that I look refreshed and my skin is looking contoured and younger. A real treat!

Harrods

I am going to review the products mentioned above. Let me know if you have any requests or if you would like any done first.

No comments:

Post a Comment